Come on in for the "Carpet for Europe"
We are creating from your T-shirt “The Carpet for Europe”. This is how marathon runners from every country can support VCM Charity.
You are very likely to have T-shirts from marathons and other races in your cupboards which you don’t need any more. So why not send them to us?! Your old T-shirts will receive a new life and help people who need it. In the build-up to the VCM 2015 we shall be turning every T-shirt sent into a giant, multi-coloured “Carpet for Europe.” When ready, the carpet will adorn the entrance to Vienna Sports World in April. Afterwards it will be auctioned for the VCM charity.
Donate your T-shirt – it can do a lot in itself!
In conjunction with the VCM’s theme for the year of [We are Europe]
, we are collecting running T-shirts from every country. We would be delighted to receive what you send, whatever they may be and wherever their origin. In this way, running as a symbol for peaceful co-existence, independent of nation, religion and skin colour will have a visible symbol. The VCM doesn’t only get you running. Donate your T-shirt – it can do a lot in itself!
Campaign starts in Berlin
The campaign starts at the BMW Berlin Marathon. Visit our booth at the Expo “Berlin Vital” from 25th to 27th September and bring your T-shirt! You’ll find the VCM booth at the airfield. Moreover we will be staging a special photo opportunity and our new VCM hats will be ready. We look forward to your visit!
This is how it works
Of course you don’t need to come to Berlin to take part. Just follow these steps:
• Choose one or more (washed!) marathon T-shirts which you would like to donate, regardless of whether they are from an event in your own country or somewhere else where you have run.
• Take a photo of you wearing the shirt. Then send us a brief description of who you are, where you come from and in which countries you ran with this T-shirt.
• Post your Photo and your story at the [VCM Facebook Fanpage]
• Send your T-shirt to this address: Vienna City Marathon, Gußhausstraße 21/19, 1040 Wien, Austria
• Your T-shirt will be woven with all the many others by the VCM 2015 into “The Carpet for Europe.” This carpet will be displayed at the “Vienna Sports World” and auctioned for the VCM Charity 2015 afterwards.